1. Social Media News-
- LinkedIn makes it easier to discover and follow Thought Leaders- LinkedIn has introduced new ways for you to discover and follow thought leaders: You can now see which thought leaders have the most followers in new leader board. Find influencers who’ve posted content most recently or sort them alphabetically, discover recent posts by thought leaders you are personally following.
- Share your stuff from Google Drive to Google+ : You can now “share the stuff you create and store in Google Drive, and people will be able to flip through presentations, open PDFs, play videos, and more, directly in the Google+ stream”. You’re now able to view what you share from Google Drive right inside your Google+ stream.
- Facebook Gifts Now Allow Charitable Donations: Facebook is launching “a new test feature on Facebook Gifts: now you can use Facebook to make a charitable contribution in celebration of a friend or a family member.”
- Yelp adds visual menus: There’s now an “Explore the Menu” link for restaurants on Yelp. “Specifics on menu items, like descriptions and price, will match up with Yelp’s user-generated photos and reviews mentioning that particular dish.”
2. Social Media Webinars
Last Week’s Webinars
- Who Owns the Customer, and Who Should? A Conversation With Paul Greenberg
- The New Visual Web: Pinterest and Image-Driven Social Selling
- Marketing Goes Mobile – and Local: How Location-based applications to improve the effectiveness of their messages?
- Results from the Social Customer Engagement Index Survey
- The Social Media Democracy: How did Social Media Change the 2012 Election?, 6th November
- Effective Brand Marketing on Twitter: How to rise above the noise?, 13th November
- Webinar: Digital Sales and Service in the Insurance Sector: Megatrends and Next Practices for 2013, 13th November
3. Social Media Events
Last Week Events
- Chicago Social & Mobile Financial Services Leadership Forum
- Fast Track Digital Marketing- Chicago Training
- Integrated Digital Marketing Roundtable
- Managing Digital Teams & Organizational Structures Roundtable
- Insurance Social Communications Leadership Forum
- Introducing to Mobile Marketing- New York Training
- Social Media Payments: Americas Conference, 6th November
- 7th Annual Society for New Communications Research Symposium & Awards Gala, 8th November
- WOMMA Summit 2012, 12th November, 2012
- WOMMY Awards, 13th November 2012
4. Social Media Articles
- TEDTalk: Reinventing Consumer Capitalism- Screw Business as Usual
- Beyond A Buzzword: Social Business Delivers Value
- Social Business can bring measurable value
5. Social Media Case Study
- Case Study: Check out how Grupones Bolivia ran Photo Contest Campaign by using SocialAppsHQ’s App & received more than 4000+ votes and entries. It has received tremendous increase in likes and sales.
6. Social Media Tools
- SplashPost: A tool to create multimedia Facebook posts to enable you to “easily sell, promote and advertise your products, consulting services or solutions right inside your News Feed.”
- Pinvolve: A tool for brands and 80 million Instagram users to share vintage-style photos from Facebook to Pinterest.
- Powervoice: a social shopping site that helps people stay connected to the brands they love.
- PicMark: A tool to put watermarks on images before sharing them on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
If you think we have missed out anything worth mentioning here then do help us in making this list more informative by leaving your comments below in the box.
Stay tuned to get weekly updates on social media